Meet our Experts:
A Master Mariner (1987) from UK, Abid has practical working experience of 15 years at sea. Combined with this, he has additional 20 years of shore experience in the shipping industries in marine operations, marine survey, insurance & claims , senior management and business development.
Before founding Spica Canada Inc, he was the General Manager and Director of one of the largest shipping agency in Kenya and overseeing principal’s interest in entire East Africa. Earlier he managed operations of upto 20 vessels operating all over the world based in Dubai, UAE.
Abid’s hands-on experience includes but not limited to:
• Have lived and worked in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia and North America and can handle any challenging situation.
• Experienced in Marine survey, cargo claims and damage inspection.
• Experience in grain loading and assisting vessels in meeting the requirement of Transport Canada.
• Specialized in handling heavy, long and project cargo. Supervise their loading/discharging and securing operations. Has handled heaviest piece upto 600MT and longest piece upto 90 Meter long.
• Experience in loading and discharging of oil rigs equipments and their carriage on project cargo vessels for their movements around the world.
• Experience in loading and carriage of UN peace keeping army equipments around the world.
• Experienced in inland logistics and transportation of project cargo/UN multinational military equipments to inland destinations.
• Experience in managing and supervision of grain lighterage around the world.
• Successfully managed the office of one of the largest shipping agency in Kenya and increased company’s revenue almost three times in six years.
A First Class marine Engineer (1981) from UK, Matin has practical working experience of 14 years at sea. Combined with this, he has additional 25 years of shore experience in the shipping industries in ship owning and management, technical superintendent, marine survey, senior management and business development.
Matin’s hands-on experience includes but not limited to:
• Own business plus surveyor in Canada from 2001 and Joined Spica Canada Inc from September 2009.
• Worked as Technical Superintendent at Singapore for a Singapore based shipping company from 1995-2000.
• Worked as non exclusive Lloyd Surveyor from 1990-1995
• Metalink Marine Corporation, New York, USA as Global Lightening In charge 1992-1995
• Worked as Technical Director for Aqua Lines Ltd, a reputed shipping line from 1985-1992
Saiful has 14 years of sea service behind him in Tankers, Bulk Careers, LPG careers as Chief Engineer. He joined Grand weld, Dubai, one of the most reputed Ship Repairing companies in the Middle East and worked there for 15 years at various capacities upto the position of Senior Ship Building Manager and helped made the company one of the best ship builders of Middle East. He joined Spica Canada Inc in 2010.
Saiful's hands-on experience spans such areas as:
• Project management and consultancy in new construction projects and major refurbishment/repair works.
• Thoroughly familiar with Class Rules and survey of equipments and hull.
• Installation and alignment of shaft line and propulsion train.
• Line boring of stern tubes.
• Complete supervision of steel and aluminum fabrication and welding works.
• Specialized skill in planning and supervising dry docking and repair of vessels.
• Overhauling and Maintenance of Diesel Engines.
• Specialized in Pneumatic Control system.
• Boiler, Cargo pumps and inert gas systems.
• Installation of marine machineries.